Monday, August 10, 2009

The Dr. David Kaiser eMail

Today a good friend of mine sent me an email that was a "must read" the very future of our country depended on my passing this email along to everyone in my address book. By now many of you have read it, and either passed it along as th author requested, or checked it out to see if the article was real.

I fall into the second category. Too many times my inbox has been choked with FEAR. False Evidence Appearing Real. The first thing I did was Google Dr. David Kaiser. Sure enough he was a Harvard Grad and Professor with impressive credentials, and a number of books to his name. He too has a blog, and after reading a number of his articles it became crystal clear he did not write the article I was sent!

Yet another coward with the IQ of a doughnut hole, hiding behind the impressive reputation of a learned scholar. Why do people do this? I'm guessing it is a narcissist who desperately wants to see his words and ideas in print. Knowing no one would pass the article along with his name on the byline, he hijacked the reputation of a person who would not spit on him if he were on fire.

I defend to the death the right of the person who wrote this drivel to express his or her opinion, but his rights ended when he damaged the reputation of a respected author and educator. Too bad the real author did not have the guts to sign his name. I would have loved to google his name. my guess...third grade education with a talent for ciphering (shout out to Jethro Bodine of the Beverly Hillbillies..naught into naught goes naught)

Rest easy comrades, while our Country has seen much better times, we are not descending into the 7th circle of hell. Nor are we about to become the next Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia, as the shadow author suggests.

I am not enamored with President Obama as so many people in the mainstream press seem to be. He is as flawed as the rest of us (only a lot smarter than most, certainly smarter than me). What I believe is the framers of the Constitution were either incredibly smart, or incredibly lucky. Either way I don't care. I believe the system of Government they created is as perfect a system of Government the world has ever seen. It has allowed a Country to go from log cabins to walking on the Moon in less than 200 Years. Can any nation in History make such a claim? The checks and balances in that document prevent anyone from gaining the kind of control necessary to plunge our great nation into chaos. If anyone can bring down our great Country in four years, well it wasn't much of a Country in the first place.

I also believe is that the office of President of the United States is by far the worst job in the world. Low pay (compared to what people leading a company make), constant fear of assassination (especially for the first Black President), stress that you and I will never be exposed to (most President age exponentially while in office), no private life of your own, constant hounding from the press, and the responsibility for THE ENTIRE WORLD ECONOMY (if we are to believe what the economists say), not to mention world security, on your shoulders. True the private 747 is extremely cool. No one exposes himself and his family to that unless they believe the country needs their leadership and wisdom.

As I said earlier, I am not an Obamamaniac, but I am willing to give him a chance to succeed and to earn my vote for a second term. If he falls short, he will be booted out of office like Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush and every other single term President in history.

Sleep well tonight. In spite of all the doom and gloom predictions you still live in the only Country that would build a wall to keep people out!

This is just one man's opinion and I am willing to give my real name to express it!

No comments: